Place chicken in a medium saucepan; add chicken stock to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from liquid. Let chicken cool to touch. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
Combine chicken, sprouts, water chestnuts,green onions, and garlic. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, and oil; pour over chicken mixture, tossing gently. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; spoon chicken mixture evenly into pita halves.
Performance stats after upgrading:
for 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Slice chicken breast into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Let marinate at least 1 hour.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon, and cook all sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce ingredients to pan and bring to a boil, mixing continuously, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Inspired by thegunnysack.com